This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

WPML 3.2 error- Warning: Missing argument 2 for SitePress::get_terms_args_filter

• Creator
    Topic
    schafir
    Participant

Hi Jason, I am running the Alyeska child theme and I now get this sitepress error on the backend:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for SitePress::get_terms_args_filter() in /home1/ilapdx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 2699

WPML support had me remove the Installer plugin and then disable all my plugins and re-enable one by one. The error reappers when I activate the Theme Blvd Layout Builder version 2.08. They then had me try again with the child theme de-activated and the regular Alyeska theme activated and I get the same error.

Any ideas?

thanks!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Jason Bobich. Reason: Changed title to be more descriptive of issue, for those searching the forums
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

What version of Alyeska are you using?

schafir
    Participant

I am using version 3.1.2 which I gather is an older version. Updating is difficult for us as we bought the theme through a contractor who originally configured the site for us and I have to find that person and try to get an API key. I asked Envator a couple of years ago to transfer the rights to my Envato account but they would not do so.

Hopefully I’ll find that person and the problem will be solved with an update.

thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I actually fixed a similar error in v3.1.2:

http://themeblvd.com/changelog/?theme=alyeska

What version of WPML are you using? Is the latest? Have you always had this problem? If not, when did it start? After an update to WPML?

Originally the error was from WPML changing this method in their plugin. I’m worried they changed it yet again.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

And does the error happen only in the WordPress admin? Is it all pages of your admin, or only a specific admin page?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Never mind, I can reproduce on my end. WPML must have changed this method again with a recent update.

For this special occasion, I’ll map out the change for you, okay? But in the future, I won’t provide fixes like this, as you’ll be forced to update the theme.

I can’t really tell you exact line number because you (and others) are going to have varying versions of files.

How to Fix

1) Open /framework/admin/functions/display.php, and FIND:

add_filter( 'get_terms_args', array( $GLOBALS['sitepress'], 'get_terms_args_filter' ) );

And CHANGE to:

add_filter( 'get_terms_args', array( $GLOBALS['sitepress'], 'get_terms_args_filter' ), 10, 2 );

2) And the same thing in /framework/includes/general.php. FIND:

add_filter( 'get_terms_args', array( $GLOBALS['sitepress'], 'get_terms_args_filter' ) );

And CHANGE to:

add_filter( 'get_terms_args', array( $GLOBALS['sitepress'], 'get_terms_args_filter' ), 10, 2 );

Can you please verify for me that the issue is fixed on your end when you do this?

And also on a personal note, I’d really recommend in the future getting on top of being able to update the theme. I really think saving $48 over the course of years, is not worth the amount of risk you’re taking on by not being able to continually update the theme, especially after I’ve made several security updates. And I’m sure more will come in the future, as that is always inevitable. If you’re going to continue using the theme, just consider this, moving forward. Note that you can also get the latest version by manually downloading the theme from the user’s Downloads page on ThemeForest (i.e. they don’t have to generate an API key for you).

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Ok, just a heads up. I just got the email from Envato and 3.1.9 is live.

schafir
    Participant

That’s good news. Thanks.

schafir
    Participant

Hi Jason, this is to confirm that the WPML errors have gone away after installation of Alyeska 3.1.9.1.

thank you for all your help!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Awesome, thanks for confirming!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.