This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Where did Google Analytics tracking code go?

• Creator
    Topic
    gregfields
    Participant

I suddenly stopped getting any analytics data on my Jumpstart site about a month ago. Where did the option go to enter the GA code for the site? And how do we do it now?

It is rather tough to have things like GA and Lightbox functionality disappear on client’s sites without warning when doing a simple Jumpstart update. Perhaps you could shoot your registered users an email if you are removing functionality.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Greg,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with the update. Hopefully I can give you some information to make things go more smoothly in the future.

Here is the information you want on both the Google Analytics and Lightbox functionality:

http://support.themeblvd.com/updating-to-jump-start-1-1/

It is rather tough to have things like GA and Lightbox functionality disappear on client’s sites without warning when doing a simple Jumpstart update.

Remember to always update responsibly. Never treat updates to your site’s theme or major plugins as simple or routine. Always backup and always update in a staged environment and never directly on a live site. — This is just my opinion of course. So you can take that for what it’s worth. 😉

Perhaps you could shoot your registered users an email if you are removing functionality.

For Jump Start, we keep a very detailed live changelog, in which I do my best to make sure everything relevant is documented. This is linked to it from your Theme Options page’s footer, and also under Appearance > Themes when making an update. Please always read the changelog before making updates.

http://themeblvd.com/changelog/?theme=jumpstart

In this case, you were updating from 1.0.x to 1.1.x, which should indicate a fairly significant update. Generally with WordPress, any theme, or any plugin, always pay more attention to an update that is increasing like this. For example, 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 will generally be less significant than 1.1 to 1.2.

As pointed out for 1.1.0 in the changelog, that article was the really the highlighted information I wanted everyone to have when making the update.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.