This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Website Loading Slow

• Creator
    Topic
    benlee2828
    Participant

Hey Guys!

I contacted my hosting company because my website was loading really slowly. I asked them to troubleshoot the issue and this is what they told me:

The issue is coming from the theme, the footer file is trying to make a remote connection to an IP address that is timing out.

I asked them for solutions and this is what they gave me as well:

A new theme, maybe an update to the theme if one is available. Contacting the developer and telling him the resource the theme is trying to fetch in your footer.php file is no longer valid.

Any thoughts or solutions?

Sincerest Regards,
    Benjamin Lee

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

I promise that I have never, and will never, add anything into the frontend of a WordPress theme I sell that would be pulling from something external.

So, if your host is telling you that there is something doing this in footer.php of the theme, it means you or someone you’re working with has added it, or your server has been compromised possibly adding some sort of spam, which is always a scary thing.

Have you looked in footer.php of the theme on your server?

Located here: /wp-content/themes/alyeska/footer.php

If there is something added in there, simply downloading the theme again from ThemeForest and restoring the original footer.php should fix the issue. However, you may want to take a look anyway for reference and see what’s there, and hopefully understand better what has happened.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.