This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Upgrading Swagger 1.1.4 to Latest version

• Creator
    Topic
    dionyc

Hey Team,

Whats the best way to upgrade my theme to latest version “2.1.6”, It also looks like it has a new framework.

What should be the process and checklist?

Thanks

Diony

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Diony,

The framework has just been updated, is all. In terms of actually making the update, you’ll just be replacing the old theme folder on your server with the new theme folder.

See this older video: http://vimeo.com/41533135

And after you’ve actually updated the theme files, here is the guide you want to follow for making this specific update, going from Swagger 1.x to 2.0+:

http://support.themeblvd.com/updating-to-framework-v2-3/

dionyc

Ok Great,

I use child theme so should I be uploading the “asset” folder to my child theme folder?

I currently do not have that folder.

Your thoughts?

Diony

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Apologies, but I don’t know that I quite understand what you’re asking. — But in general, you shouldn’t be copying anything from the parent theme “assets” folder to the child theme, unless there was a specific item you were changing. Maybe you could try to describe a little more what you’ve done in your child theme?

dionyc

Sorry let me explain.

I downloaded the latest version of the swagger theme. I am comparing the “Child Theme” zip file to the one i have on my server. So I see that you have a “asset” folder in this Child Theme package.

I am asking if I should upload this “asset” folder to my child theme folder?

Hope that make more sense.

Diony

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Aw no, this is just an example of how you could organize a child theme. Your child theme doesn’t need an assets folder. It can be organized however you want.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.