This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Updating to Akita 2.0.2

• Creator
    Topic
    visiwebs
    Participant

In the theme directory I changed the name of the 1.1.5 to “_akita” then uploaded 2.0.2 as akita then went to the site and all my customizations, colors header, footer,, banner, social icons, phone number, tag line etc., were gone so I called my host and had them restore a backup from last night. I want to update to 2.0.2 and I’ve waited to do this for a long time. What is the easy recommended method without the headache? Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    visiwebs
    Participant
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

… and all my customizations, colors header, footer,, banner, social icons, phone number, tag line etc., were gone

Everything you’re describing here corresponds to the theme options. This is all combined and saved to your WordPress database’s option’s table under the name “akita” — The only reason you’d lose this information is if you switched the name of the theme. This is because when the options are saved the ID they get saved under is generated by taking the name of the currently active theme.

For example, you switched to a child theme, which then has a different name? Or possibly you were messing with the name of the theme in style.css?

But simply updating the theme folder on your server shouldn’t delete any of your theme options, and that’s all you need to update. You’ve got a folder on your server /wp-content/themes/akita/ and you want to replace this akita folder with the updated theme.

visiwebs
    Participant

Jason, Thanks for the reply. I only changed the name of the 1.1.5 “akita” folder to “_akita” and uploaded 2.0.2 folder as “akita” in the /themes directory then went to the site as I said and all my customizations, colors header, footer,, banner, social icons, phone number, tag line etc., were gone.

I’ll try copying right over the old folder “akita” with the new folder “akita” without renaming and see if this works Friday. I had made no changes to the style.css or anywhere else, however this method will copy over the old style.css located in “wp-content/themes/akita” directory. If you’d like to give it a try I’ll send you my l & p. Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.