This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Trouble with Layout Builder Columns

• Creator
    Topic
    bchastain
    Participant

When I try to “Edit Options” or “Edit Display” on Layout Builder column items, the screen turns grey (like a lightbox) but no edit pane shows up. See http://postimg.org/image/5siiw7vcf/

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    bchastain
    Participant

Just sent you private message in relation to this post.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

The issue you’re having is because of a plugin you have installed called LearnPress.

1. They are enqueuing their admin stylesheets across the entire admin, instead of only the relevant admin pages. I’m not sure if they have some reason for doing this, but generally this advised against doing for theme and plugin authors. Thus, even on our layout builder, which has its own admin page, their stylesheets are there.

2. In these stylesheets that are included across the entire admin, they are styling generic CSS classes, and not writing their CSS to be specific to their plugin.

For example, they style a class .hide that sets anything with this class to display:nonelike:

.hide {
    	display: none;
    }

Opposed to styling only things in their plugin’s HTML like:

.my-plugin .hide {
    	display: none;
    }

… I use this example because this is actually what’s causing your issues with the layout builder. We have our own “hide” class within our layout builder system, which is used to toggle the modal window visible and hidden. So when the layout builder is trying to display the modal window with options, this plugin’s CSS is hiding it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.