This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Theme Check 1.1.2

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am fully aware of what the theme check plugin brings back. I always code with WP_DEBUG and the theme check plugin.

He told me that my theme is not properly scripted as per wp standards.

I honestly think the only way to argue that our framework is not “coded to WP standards” is if you’re one of the people that has the strict opinion that no theme should hold any functionality outside of essentially HTML structure, styling, and basic theme tags. And while many people do feel this way, if you believed this, you wouldn’t want to use Jump Start; you’d want to use a simple theme where don’t have things like a framework API functions, slider manager, layout bulider, etc.

I take a lot of pride in coding things to what I believe to meet WordPress standards in a way that can still provide you with a powerful framework outside of your typical theme. So I kind of take offense to statements like this that don’t really have much behind them.

As you mentioned, most of the things the Theme Check plugin tells you is from the TGM class, which is a 3rd-party script I, and tons of theme authors, incorporate per ThemeForest standards to allows buyers to be able to install recommended plugins. This is a plugin recommended by ThemeForest staff. It goes into our frameworks used for themes there, which is shared with Jump Start. If you think the TGM class is the cause for your upload plugin not working, and you want to not include it from your child theme, you can do it like this:

remove_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'themeblvd_plugins' );

Note: The theme check plugin just does a static scan of the files, and so removing the action won’t erase the errors from the theme check plugin results, but it will make it to so the TGM class is not included nor ran when the theme runs in the admin.

iphoenix
    Participant

Thanks Jason. Just covering all the bases, and I agree with you and think your framework is awesome. FYI. I eventually proved that the plugin developer was flawed. It is interesting though how easily people imediately jump to blame the theme!

oh .. and thanks for the action knowledge.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.