This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Theme Blvd Post-to-Page Link does not work with ThemeBlvd Portfolios plugin

• Creator
    Topic
    askwpgirl
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I am building a site using the TB Portfolios plugin. I’m so glad you created that plugin!

I wanted to give the artist the option of linking the portfolio items back to a page the same way you can link posts back to a page using the Theme Blvd Post-to-Page Link. You can select a page to link back to on the Portfolio Item, but the breadcrumb trail does not get updated, so it doesn’t seem to be working correctly with the Portfolio custom post type.

Do you think you might be able to fix this in an updated version of the Theme Blvd Post-to-Page Link plugin?

Thanks!

Angela

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’ll take a look at it. Very funny timing. I was talking to someone before you today that was asking about the classic breadcrumbs issue. I told them about this plugin and that, in theory, it should work with Portfolios plugin, but I had never tried it. But I guess not! … I have so many plugins now, I can’t remember when I’ve updated what.

askwpgirl
    Participant

Thanks! I’m teaching a week-long class in Aspen at the end of the month and will be using Jump Start to show artists how to build their arts portfolio. Was looking forward to using the Portfolio plugin for that. It works very well. I created a custom child theme that has a lot of theme options for the artists to choose colors for headings, etc.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Awesome, glad to hear it. All summer, I’ve been putting a lot of focus on making Jump Start (and all themes) more accessible for the non-developer users. So hopefully with framework 2.5 (biggest update in a while) and upcoming Layout Builder 2.0, reaching audiences like this will be even easier.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Oh, and I updated Post to Page Link plugin.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-blvd-post-to-page-link/changelog/

… Fix was much less dramatic than I hoped. I was hoping for a true murder, mystery adventure in getting the two plugins to jive. Oh, well.

https://github.com/themeblvd/theme-blvd-post-to-page-link/commit/1df258437ce9b08d319a8bd043bf7859b836ce17

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I should also mention I’d like to eventually expand on the Portfolios plugin so it has more things that it adds, like additional elements to the Layout Builder, or default ways of displaying the portfolio item posts in more creative ways than just the user’s current theme post grid.

So, feel free to share any ideas on this, or any ideas you gather from the creatives in Aspen!

askwpgirl
    Participant

Thanks, Jason!

I’m glad the default post list and post grids work with the Portfolio taxonomies.

One issue that comes up repeatedly is being able to allow the end user to determine if a specific archive displays full width. That would need to be handled as a sidebar/layout option on the Categories/Taxonomies area. I have seen other themes do that – maybe Genesis allows this. I have to use a filter to set this.

The other issue with artists is displaying horiz and vertical images in a neat grid. I accomplished this surprisingly easily by setting “auto” for the width of the image in the TB Image Sizes plugin. Setting any number value resulted in the grid displaying staggered. I’m glad that worked with the plugin, so I can instruct artists easily to do that. Here’s link to sample: http://postimg.org/image/4xo5ml5bl/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.