This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Stretched Style Background

• Creator
    Topic
    bgal2012
    Participant

I managed to change the background before, but I need to change it again and can’t seem to remember exactly how/where I did it. I found the background in theme.min.css where it had the name of the last bg – so I changed that to new one and it’s not working. I also tried adding it to custom CSS area in admin with:

#featured{background:url("images/slash-brick-bg.png") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;}

#main {
        background: url("images/slash-brick-bg.png") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
        padding: 0px 0;
    }

But now the bg is gone and is completely white. What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    bgal2012
    Participant

Nevermind… I got it. 🙂

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, remember those file paths. — Since CSS image paths are always relative to the CSS file where the styles are located, depending on where you put your CSS will depend on what you put for an image path. If you’re putting this in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page, this location is going to change around as the user navigates your site (assuming you have permalinks turned on). So the only solution to use a full URL like:

#main {
        background-image: url("http://yoursite.com/images/slash-brick-bg.png");
    }
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.