This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

slow load after upgrade

• Creator
    Topic
    vtheme
    Participant

I upgraded from version 4.1.5 to 4.1.8 and noticed an enormous change in the load time of my tiny site. Using firebug, it appear the bootstrap min file load time accounts for a large delay.

Is this expected behavior?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

In all honesty, I’m not sure if this is possible. Is it possible it just seemed slower after initially loading your site the next time? In other words, your site had all its assets cached in your browser, and then after the update, it didn’t?

In the Bootstrap update, it looks like the assets are slightly larger, but I’m still not sure how much of a noticeable difference this is really going to make.

Barely Corporate v4.1.5:
    boostrap.min.css – 102kb
    boostrap.min.js – 29kb

Barely Corporate v4.1.8:
    boostrap.min.css – 117kb
    boostrap.min.js – 36kb

Have you thought about using a plugin like W3 Total Cache, which offers several huge features to speed up your site, both server-side and client-side. You can compress your CSS and JS together into less http requests, as well as off-loading these assets to a CDN service.

vtheme
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt reply – yes, it doesn’t look much different at all….

I do use that cache plugin, and it seemed to be having trouble even after the initial load after updating.

This site has 1 form on it…..that is it… – so lemme see if it could be the form itself – but it was the bootstrap that snagged the most time on the network persist information.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.