This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Slider in regular post

• Creator
    Topic
    valdemar
    Participant

Hello.
    How can I add the slider on every post?
    Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you try to be more specific? What exactly are you trying to do? You want every post to have a slider? What slider? Or you have a single slider you want displayed across all posts? Where at?

valdemar
    Participant

Hello Jason.
    I would like every post to have the same slider.
    I mean, when I enter the complete post, like here:
    http://demoblvd.com/themes/alyeska/2012/07/12/the-city-is-powering-down-for-the-night/

I have a slider that I created for this porpose.
    I know the way to assign it to a certain page but I can’t find where to configure it to show in general posts.

I hope I am more especific now.
    If it not the case please let me know and i try to explain it better…
    Thanks.
    – Valdemar

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Valdemar,

Yeah, I think I understand what you mean, but unfortunately there isn’t any feature for this in the theme, without customization.

The only way I can think that this may be possible through your WP admin, is to use the shortcode in a widget area. For example, you could enable shortcodes in widgets with this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes-in-sidebar-widgets/

Then under Appearance > Widget Areas, create a custom widget area, apply it to the one of the “Ads” locations (for example, maybe the “Ads Above Content” location), and assign it to all single posts.

Note: In the documentation that came in your theme’s download package, there are video tutorials about how to setup these custom widget areas.

And then, put the slider shortcode instance (i.e. [slider id="my-slider"]) in a text widget you place in your custom widget area under Appearance > Widgets.

The only thing I’m unsure of is how exactly the slider will look aesthetically within one of these widget areas, as they’re not styled to go there. There are other approaches you could take through PHP customization if you’re using a child theme.

valdemar
    Participant

Hello Jason.
    For now, because my time is limited, I’ll keep it without the slider but anyway thank you for your suggestions that may be an option some time soon.
    If I try it I’ll post here if the result is worth.
    Again, thank you!
    – Valdemar

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.