This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Simple rotating text?

• Creator
    Topic
    k_b
    Participant

Hi Jason,

A client is looking to have a few pieces of text (testimonials) that rotate to each other within the footer of the site. I’ve seen a few Testimonial plugins / widgets that seem overkill for what I need. Is there a way to achieve this with the need of another plugin?

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Using Jump Start 2.0 (available in your downloads as a beta), there is a Testimonials element with the Layout Builder:

http://demoblvd.com/plugins/builder/testimonials/

But if you’re using Jump Start v1, the only option would be to find a plugin, yeah.

Alan Cohen
    Participant

I tested out a number of testimonial plugins and found that creating a standard slider with custom slides (i.e. text placed within a bootstrap well) was the best way to go. This gave me much more flexibility and a better overall look than any of the plugins that I found.

I hope this helps…

k_b
    Participant

Thanks Alan, yeah that was what I had decided to use. I found that unless I added an image I wasn’t able to get the title or description to display. Did you find that too?

Alan Cohen
    Participant

KB

I did not use any images, titles, or descriptions. Just a vector icon for the quote…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.