This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Shortcode Button on WordPress post creator not working in WP 3.9 Beta 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Joseph Sellers
    Participant

Hi,

I have a staging site where I test upcoming WordPress versions to check that they work with my plugins and theme.

I noticed that with the recent updates in WP to TinyMCE the ‘TB’ button which brings up the shortcodes dialogue doesn’t appear anymore.

Just thought I’d give a heads up. I haven’t noticed any other issues yet.

Best,

Joseph

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    david-wpck
    Participant

Ditto to what Joseph Sellers mentioned, I have noticed that as well.
    Which brings up something you mentioned awhile back, and that was to redo the shortcode button anyway so it’s not just hooked into the TinyMCE, but also available to the text editor, like next to the “media” button, making it available to those who never use the “Visual” editor (like me).
    I actually turn it off in my functions so I’ve moved all the shortcodes elsewhere so I can use them.
    Since WP is doing a big upgrade to the TinyMCE and breaking things, maybe now’s the time 🙂

Keep up the good work Jason!

Hey…. I just noticed under my name is said “participant”.
    I guess my license must have expired, will have to get to that.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I think one of the biggest things in 3.9 is updating TinyMCE after all these years. So, you can expect our old shortcode generator button, originally adapated from WooThemes framework is going to break.

I agree that there should be a button outside of the TinyMCE editor that inserts into the content, no matter if you’re in Text or Visual mode. This is what I hope to create.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

For reference, here’s the direction I want to go with this:

Joseph Sellers
    Participant

Looks good! I look forward to seeing that.

david-wpck
    Participant

Luv it, looks great!
    Could you add a filter to the button wording so it could be changed or removed. Just the TB logo works for me.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey guys, this is all done. If feel like trying this out, you can. I’ve got a working version of Theme Blvd Shortcodes v1.4 in its Github repo.

https://github.com/themeblvd/theme-blvd-shortcodes

Here’s the direct download link:

https://github.com/themeblvd/theme-blvd-shortcodes/archive/master.zip

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Could you add a filter to the button wording so it could be changed or removed. Just the TB logo works for me.

You could do this if you wanted:

function my_shortcode_button( $text ) {
    	return str_replace( 'Add Shortcode', '', $text );
    }
    add_filter( 'themeblvd_shortcode_button', 'my_shortcode_button' );
    david-wpck
    Participant

Excellent!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.