This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Self-aware posts

• Creator
    Topic
    marse
    Participant

I don’t even know what to call this and I know I saw it somewhere, hell, I’ve used it before but I’m just stumped (and feeling stupid) as to how to do it now.

I want the Arkadian home page to feature posts that respond with the proper icon when you roll over them to tell you what type of post it is; i.e. video, image, link, etc. No matter what I do I get the same bottom-right arrow that links to the post.

I’d like a video lightbox on video from the thumbnail. I know I did this on a previous version of this theme but for some reason I can’t get it to work on the version I just downloaded. The way I did it on a previous version doesn’t seem to work on this one.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    marse
    Participant

More info: When I choose CUSTOM LAYOUT on a page I’m creating, I can’t choose the Arcadian layout like a previous site I created. Screenshots at the link:

http://s4.postimg.org/qwqxs8lnx/Screen_Shot_a220.png
    http://s28.postimg.org/mqcp0hy31/Screen_Shot_a221.png

Help!

Mark

marse
    Participant

Never mind about the custom layout. I see that this has been moved to the bottom of the page – didn’t see it way down there. Still wondering about the posts.

Thanks,
    Mark

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Mark,

When you say “feature posts” how are you displaying these posts in your layout? With the “Portfolio Module” element?

If so, there are two ways you can setup the thumbnails. See the first option of the element.

In Arcadian 2.0, this option was added. Selecting the second option here, “Thumbnails use individual Featured Link settings,” will set things up how they were in the previous version you were using. — Note: Your featured image link settings are setup when editing each individual post.

In no version of Arcadian did it ever show an icon based on the current post’s format. However, what it did do, which is similar to what I believe you’re recalling, is it looks at how you’re linking the featured image of each post to determine if it’s going to use one of the four featured image link icons — image (plus sign), video, link, or right facing arrow.

In all situations, the right facing arrow is meant to signify that the featured image is linking to the post. So, if you select, “Use fancy thumbnails that link to posts,” this is automatically linking all images to their respective posts, and thus why we use right facing arrow icon. And conversely, while a different design, if you were to select, “Thumbnails use individual Featured Link settings,” and you had the featured images setup to link to their respective posts, you would also see another form of a right facing arrow icon.

marse
    Participant

SH*TSH*TSH*T – the one freaking button I didn’t push!

Yeah, that did it and now I feel even dumber than I did. Thanks. 🙂

Still far and away the BEST WP templates in the world!

Thanks, Jason!

Mark

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.