This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Search hover box covering menu items

• Creator
    Topic
    guivisions

My visitors are having trouble clicking the two links closest to the menu bar search icon on my site located at http://americanethicalunion.com (temp access password during site build is – peace).

When the search box is activated (on hover of the search icon) then you can’t click resources or contact us. And if you stay hovering over those two links (resources and contact) trying to click them then this keeps the search box active.

Is there some simple style sheet fix for this? Can we move the search box up the page or make it only activate on click or change the Z index?

No big emergency but when you can help that would be great! Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yeah, I’d say adjusting the z-index should solve that. I would just target the buttons through specifically and not the whole menu bar. This way, the popup still shows on top of the menu bar background.

Try this in the Custom CSS option of your theme options page:

#main-menu .sf-menu li a {
    	position: relative; 
    	z-index: 4;
    }

Does that solve it?

guivisions

Worked like a dream! Thank you so much.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.