This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to remove nag for Tweeple and other recommended plugins

• Creator
    Topic
    Danny
    Participant

alyeska child theme the tweepie plugin is removed but the nag keeps coming up for users..
    it requires them to dismiss it every time.. or many times as things are added removed cache cleared etc..
    Now I know your first thought is well so what how hard is that? You are correct in thinking this but the users are not at all considered experienced at anything.. repeat anything.. and subsequently anything can confuse them anytime.
    The site is for senior citizens who have never been in a wordpress dashboard..and despite training continue to experience problems but do well when things are clear.
    I wouldnt ask if it wasnt a problem and I can not find the area to comment out in your php.
    So tell me how to comment out/remove all tweepie stuff and I will be grateful. To be clear the twitter thing is not ever going to be used by this set of customers so if it requires a complete removal of all things twitter than thats ok..
    thanks
    Dan

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Jason Bobich. Reason: Edited title to be more descriptive of issue
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey Dan,

No worries, it’s easy to remove. Just do this from your child theme’s functions.php:

remove_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'themeblvd_plugins' );
    Danny
    Participant

oh thanks that was easy should have seen it has a action of some kind but sorry not really working much with PHP any more but I do manage this small site for seniors.
    This will be very welcome to some who have been flustered and all.. again I know how this sounds but even with super simple in place…
    We go one more step to hand holding..
    🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.