This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Problem installing recent release

• Creator
    Topic
    nymills

I just downloaded the most recent version, 2.2.4. The previous version was 2.2.2. I updated WP 3.6. There are no plugins running. I tried installing the latest version. The screen went white, and asked if I wanted to install and asked me to try again. I tried redownloading the zip file. I created a sandbox WP folder to test outside of the current domain name folder. Same issue. Three times and all of them failed an install.

I’m not a novice to WP and theme installation. More importantly, I know this theme very well having purchased it more than two years ago.

Is there a better download location? Or can you update the current download file?

Thanks!

Michael

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Michael,

When you go to ThemeForest.net > My Account > Downloads, which ZIP package are you choosing to download? Are you sure you’re installing the actual theme ZIP and not the documentation, PSD files, the theme, etc all in one package?

And also I’m a little confused as to the process you’re taking in updating the theme that would be happening through your WP Admin? If you have a theme located in the /wp-content/themes/complexity-2/ directory already, you’re not going to be able to install the new version over top of it without first deleting the previous version. This is why generally when people are making a manual update like this, they do it through their FTP client, or however they manage the files on their server.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.