This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Posts/articles are crashing iPhone browsers.

• Creator
    Topic
    etuneitalia

I am the admin for the site http://www.tsdtv.it

I have a WP Network between tsdtv.it and tsdtv.it/format. When I attempt to view posts from my iPhone they begin to load and then crash the browser. I have tried using both Safari and Chrome and it happens with both.

To see what I am talking about, go to http://www.tsdtv.it/notizie/ from an iPhone and click on any post. Your browser should crash.

I am running the latest version of Alyeska.

Any thoughts??

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yeah, I’m getting the same thing when I click on your individual posts. In troubleshooting it’s a good idea to first ask, what’s unique about those single post pages over the other pages of your site? We know it’s not the theme crashing your site because it seems to be only happening on the single posts (although I haven’t explored every page on your site).

So, what are the custom elements you have on your single posts? Try removing these items one-by-one until the issue goes away. I see you’ve got some sort of 3rd-party extension for the comments. You can then move onto possibly something in your sidebar. And then any other 3rd-party plugins you have running on your site.

etuneitalia

Thanks very much Jason. The problem seems to be Jetpack. When I disable it, the site works. Once I enable it and ANY of it’s elements, it crashes. I rely on it heavily so I guess I’ll just have to live with the issue. I can’t speak as to whether it is related to the Jetpack/theme combo or not.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Since JetPack is a big plugin that contains many smaller plugins, I would try to narrow it down some more. Now, that you know it’s JetPack, go in and start disabling the individual pieces. Who knows? Maybe it’s just one little thing about JetPack? If you can figure that out, then maybe you can still get some good use out of JetPack, and just avoid the one problem piece.

etuneitalia

I did that mate, and I can confirm the element causing the problem is the Jetpack Comments. Once disabled the site stops crashing. Thanks for your help Jason. Keep up the amazing work.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.