This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Portfolio doesn't show when turn off breadcrumbs

• Creator
    Topic
    elianab
    Participant

If I select No Breadcrumbs in the main JumpStart options (not option on the page), then my portfolio doesn’t show.

Here’s the site. The portfolio isn’t showing right now, but I may turn breadcrumbs back on later, so they will show.

http://207.7.90.67/~freshide/index.php/case-studies/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok, so this is a page where you’ve applied the “Post Showcase” page template then? How are you telling it what posts to display? And what posts are supposed to display, portfolio item custom post type posts from Portfolios plugin?

I *think* I get what you’re describing, but I just want to make sure I do so can try to duplicate on my end exactly what you’re doing, to hopefully experience the same issue.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

On my end, I created a page with Post Showcase page template, put in a specific category of posts to pull from in the Post Template Options meta box, then went to Theme Options and disable breadcrumbs site-wide. I wasn’t able to see any kind of issue.

So maybe you can try to more clearly outline how you’re coming to this issue?

elianab
    Participant

Here’s the code I used to show the portfolio.
    [post_showcase portfolio=”case-studies” columns=”5″]

I just turned the breadcrumbs back on so you can see what the page looks like when they’re on.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hmm, I can’t reproduce on my end. Are you sure you’re not using some sort of WordPress caching plugin?

And out of curiosity why are you putting the [post_showcase] shortcode in a post shortcode page template? Why not just pull the portfolio on from the page template? Or are you meaning to stack to two post showcases on top of each other?

elianab
    Participant

I guess I don’t understand how the portfolio plugin works. Where can I find documentation on it?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The portfolio plugin itself is just essentially adding a way to create posts in a custom post type. It doesn’t change anything in the theme of how you’re outputting posts, except for now that you want to pull posts from your portfolio.

The Jump Start theme displays posts in 4 styles:

Blog
    Post List
    Post Showcase
    Post Grid

And for each of these styles of displaying posts, there are three ways you can output them:

Shortcode
    Page Template
    Layout Builder

For you it would probably be easiest to use the builder. Apply the “Custom Layout” page template to the page you’re editing. And then through the builder, add the “Post Showcase” element. And then in the element’s options, select to pull from posts by portfolio.

Now, this all doesn’t really address the original problem you were having. If you’re using any kind of WordPress caching plugin, make sure you turn it off while you’re building your site.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Here’s a new article with more information on using the Portfolios plugin:

http://news.themeblvd.com/2015/05/31/creating-portfolios-with-theme-blvd-framework-2-5-themes/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.