This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Overlay post title on the feature image

• Creator
    Topic
    AAOM
    Participant

Hi,
    I am wondering if I can automatically display the post title as an overlay over the featured image, when the featured image is set to display in the post.

Thanks
    Rick

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Apologies, but there is no feature for this, and would be a customization you’d need to make from a child theme. I’m sure there are several ways you could theoretically accomplish this. If you’d like me to help point to where in the theme a specific element is outputted, like an item in a post list, featured images, etc (depending on how you’re trying to tackle this) just let me know.

AAOM
    Participant

Thanks,

Specifically, I would like the post title to be overlayed on the featured image (full width) when the full post is viewed (either single post, or a list of posts).

(When the featured image is a small thumbnail, such as a list of recent posts in a sidebar, I would not want the title overlayed).

The site is AAOM.MB.CA

Thanks again,
    Rick

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, but this will be a customization you will need to make, as this is not part of the theme. Providing you a customization like this is just not part of support, unfortunately.

http://support.themeblvd.com/help/#terms

But as I said, if you need me to point you to where/how you can edit a specific part of the theme, I’d be glad to do that. In other words, if you’re trying to find where a certain piece of HTML is being outputted from in the theme, I can point you to that, if you can’t figure out where it’s coming from.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.