This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Optimize site speed

• Creator
    Topic
    balanceinme
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I am trying to speed up my website using Swagger. I am already using W3 Total Cache but I would still love to move Javascript to the footer. Is there an easy way to do this without causing any future conflicts during updates? If this question has been answered before please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You know, I’d say W3 Total cache is a really complex plugin, and how you pick to use it can have a major effect. It seems like every time I re-visit the plugin, I learn more things about it I didn’t realize you could do.

Have you experimented with W3’s compressing of scripts? I’m fairly certain, that in addition to being able to compress and minify the scripts together, you can also select to have them outputted in the footer of your site.

As far as the Swagger theme goes, I just enqueue the scripts separately into the WordPress system. While I do minify all of the JS files I enqueue, there’s nothing else really being done, in that regard. The idea with this is that you’re able to be in total control of how you want to handle optimizing your site, whether it’s using some plugin, dequeueing specific scripts from a child theme, or whatever. So I think think these kinds of questions are a bit more for the specific plugins you’re using. I’m not sure what else to really say from theme-side of things, I guess.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.