This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Nav Menu Roles Plugin Incompatibility with Jump Start 2+

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

What doesn’t work about the plugin? Is it that you don’t see its option when editing your menu at Appearance > Menus in the admin? Is this for Jump Start 1.x or the 2.0 beta?

Joseph Sellers
    Participant

Hi,

The notice that comes up when the plugin is activated is this:

“Menu_Items_Visibility_Control, Theme_Blvd_Menu_Options. Please see the FAQ for more information and possible resolution.”

The actual effects are that the options that the plugin provides are not visible in the admin. However, once the plugin is configured it functions fine, just invisibly.

I am working with Jump Start 2.0 beta.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Jump Start v2 implements a custom walker for the navigation menu items primarily in order to provide you with options to create mega menus. But if that’s not a feature you’re going to use, you can just disable it like this from your child theme:

function my_global_config( $config ) {
    	$config['admin']['menus'] = false;
    	return $config;
    }
    add_filter('themeblvd_global_config', 'my_global_config');

It’s probably worth checking out where this filter is applied in the framework. This filter is powerful and can be used to disable tons of features of the framework.

See the function themeblvd_setup() in /framework/includes/general.php.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/managing-framework-features/

Darryl Schmidt
    Participant

I would like to use the mega menu functionality along with the Nav Menu Roles plugin. I’ve seen some posts here that state that the only way to get something like Nav Menu Roles to work with Jump Start is to disable the mega menu functionality.

Is there any possibility of having something done to get these two to work together like the solution outlined here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-roles/faq/

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’ve added support for Nav Menu Roles plugin for the next Jump Start update. I’ve tested on my end and seems to work fine with the plugin now, including our mega menus.

Unfortunately I just posted an update to Jump Start yesterday, which was v2.0.2. So, I won’t be posting another update for awhile. You’ll see this compatibility for Nav Menu Roles probably in a v2.0.3 eventually.

If you want to implement yourself in your current version, here’s what I’ve done.

Darryl Schmidt
    Participant

Yep, works great, tnx.

Joseph Sellers
    Participant

I can see this was just added to v2.0.3

This is awesome. Thank you!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No problem! I’m glad this can benefit multiple people.

Darryl Schmidt
    Participant

The latest update to Nav Menu Roles breaks the WP Jumpstart mega menu.

The fix is here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feb-17-2016-update-introduces-conflict

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Awesome. So it looks like the plugin author is going to fix the issue in another update? Hopefully they will because the action hook was implemented as their documentation instructed to do previously.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.