This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Link to specific tab

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I think I actually built in a way to do this in the framework a long time ago. Hopefully it still works. You can do this from your child theme’s functions.php to enable tab deep linking.

add_filter( 'themeblvd_tabs_deep_linking', '__return_true' );

The ID of the tab you’re linking to will be the name of the tab in all lowercase, replacing any spaces with underscores — i.e. “My Tab Title” has id “my_tab_title”.

And then when linking to a tab, you need to prefix the id of the tab with “tab_” — For example:

http://your-site.com/page-with-tabs/#tab_my_tab_title
    bchastain
    Participant

Thanks Jason,

This didn’t work for me. Got your note about the next Denali update. Yes, this would be really helpful as folks sometimes email me asking if I teach the Bodhrán in this case and I’d love to be able to link direct to the tab to avoid any confusion.

Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The last information I posted wasn’t correct and is why I deleted it. But you’re right, it doesn’t work, and I can see why.

Go to the following link, and you can see that the correct tab is selected, but the content won’t come up.

http://www.blaynechastain.com/i-teach/#tab_bodhrn

… Anyway, I’ve fixed it for the next update. If you want to make the change in the theme so it works you can. Open this file:

/framework/includes/components.php

Find this on line 1057 (NOT on line 1023, which looks the same and is the first instance of the similar line of code):

$tab_id = str_replace( ' ', '_', $name );

And change to this:

$tab_id = str_replace( ' ', '_', $tab['title'] );
    bchastain
    Participant

Perfect. Thanks so much. Got it working.

So, it doesn’t like special characters such as the á in Bodhrán I suppose. Not sure if that’s something you can include in the update or if it’s even possible.

Thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No unfortunately it’ll cause issues with the JavaScript. I have to purposely remove these types of characters from the HTML ID on the element.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.