This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Jump Start/Jetpack Comments/iOS conflict

• Creator
    Topic
    Joseph Sellers
    Participant

Hi,

I have been getting loads of messages from site users saying that when visiting single posts via Safari in iOS it crashes Safari. I tested this and it happens every time. I disabled all plugins and it didn’t crash. I then reactivated plugins one at a time and I identified that Jetpack was the plugin that caused it. I then disabled modules and found that it was specifically Jetpack Comments.

I tried it with Twenty Fourteen and there is no crashing. I contacted Jetpack and they say that there is a ‘conflict’ between Jetpack Comments and Jump Start.

Can you please take a look?

Here is a page where the conflict is present:

http://paulsellers.com/2014/01/yesterday-2/

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yeah, this is something that’s been around awhile and haven’t been able to figure out. I’ll do a little more work on it and see if I can find what’s doing it in the theme.

Joseph Sellers
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have a staging site for the site affected ready to go and would be happy to give you admin access if that would help you figure it out.

Let me know.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Ok, try throwing this into your child theme’s stylesheet:

#sidebar_layout .sidebar_layout-inner > .row {
    	display: block;
    }
    Joseph Sellers
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, that did not fix the problem.

Any other ideas I can try?

Joseph Sellers
    Participant

@themeblvd did your comment disappear?

Anyway, here is a link: http://paulsellers.com/2014/01/shaker-inspired-bookcase-masterclasses/

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I think I know what I did… I’m working on the next version of Jump Start, which contains Bootstrap 3, and thus has the class “row” instead of “row-fluid” — Try this instead:

#sidebar_layout .sidebar_layout-inner > .row-fluid {
    	display: block;
    }

Assuming that works — After the next update to Jump Start, you’ll want to use the original one I posted.

And yeah, apologies; I deleted my comment because I was posting from my phone to move things along faster, but then realized the link to your site was already at the top of the topic.

Joseph Sellers
    Participant

Hey Jason,

Thanks again. I am afraid it still isn’t working.

Would you like access to a staging site to try it yourself?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

With the change you just made, your single posts are now working on my iPhone (using latest iOS and Safari). You might be getting the old CSS file cached on your phone, possibly? Try going to a safe page on your site (i.e. not a single post), and click refresh a few times in your iOS browser. Then, try to go to one of your single posts.

You can also clear your Safari browser cache I believe from Settings > Safari on your iPhone, as well, I think.

Joseph Sellers
    Participant

Fantastic. It works here too.

Thanks Jason!

Joseph Sellers
    Participant

This broke immediately on updating to Jump Start 1.2.0 however I reread the above and changed to the first code that Jason posted and this fixed it.

Hopefully this helps someone else.

Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah there was some confusion here because in Bootstrap 3, the scaffolding system changed. Now we use the class “row” — There used to be row-fluid because there was responsive and non. But now everything is just responsive in Bootstrap by default.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.