This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Jump Start future plans

• Creator
    Topic
    Martin
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    could you please reveal some of your plans with future Jump Start updates for the next year?

I intend to incorporate Bootstrap 3, Fontello and Off-canvas mobile navigation into Jump Start, and I wonder, if some of these features are on your to do list?

Martin

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Martin,

Currently for Jump Start v1.2, which will contain Theme Blvd framework v2.4, here are the big things that are currently being worked on for this release:

1. Admin re-design to match WordPress 3.8’s new admin interface.
    2. Updating to Bootstrap 3.
    3. Updating to FontAwesome 4.

In re-working the look of our admin elements, I’ve included a custom-made icon font from Fontello service with icons the framework is using in the admin.

https://twitter.com/jasonbobich/status/400377841017036800

… But if you were using your own icon font on the frontend of your site, you’ll want to include the font files in your child theme and call them through your child theme’s CSS file.

And who knows where things will go in the future with responsive design, but I personally don’t see things going the way of Off-canvas any time soon for Jump Start.

iphoenix
    Participant

Any update on when this will be completed?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Everything essentially done. We’re in the home stretch. I need to get demos, update documentation, changelogs, etc all good to go for Jump Start, Swagger, Alyeska, Barely Corporate, and Akita.

kennethfeldman
    Participant

Loving JumpStart — can’t wait for the new version! Thanks!

Paul Littlewood
    Participant

Hi Jason, I have a few new projects coming in which I’d love to use the new JumpStart with. Is there any news on a release date?

Joseph Sellers
    Participant

+1

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Update has been posted.

Paul Littlewood
    Participant

Fantastic, thanks Jason! I’ll go check it out..

Joseph Sellers
    Participant

This all looks great so far. Thanks Jason!

iphoenix
    Participant

Have you looked at the lightbox component in 1.2? Is it working for everyone?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Nothing should have changed in regards to lightboxes. What are you seeing?

iphoenix
    Participant

@Jason – dimmed black screen, no popup showing up. I’ll debug, must be javascript from another plugin interfering. I’ll let you know what I find.

Paul Littlewood
    Participant

Just to confirm lightbox is working for me.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.