This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Jump Start 2.0?

• Creator
    Topic
    askwpgirl
    Participant

ETA? I’d love to chat with you. I’m teaching a class starting the third week of January. Can’t wait to get my hands on what you’ve got going on with the new Builder.

One thing that comes up repeatedly is people wanting a Visual Editor in the Columns/Content areas of the Builder. I usually use the Custom Post Widget and put one of its Content Block shortcodes in the Column/Content area in the Builder, but that’s a lot of steps.

🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    mizzinc
    Participant

Awesome Jason, that’s what I was leaning towards.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Cool! Yeah, it’s actually turned out to be pretty robust. I added a full 10-column system onto Bootstrap’s 12-column system. So, when you’re doing anything with the theme sidebar layout or any columns, you can combine any of these fractions.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/grid-system/

Notice that the new [column] shortcode can accept any mathematical variation of any of those above fractions.

http://demoblvd.com/plugins/shortcodes/generator/columns/

Paul Littlewood
    Participant

Hi Jason, Grid looks like it turned out really well. Can’t wait to use it, have you a release date planned yet?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I don’t have a release date, but it’s probably still a bit away. The product itself is almost done, but my main hurdle is making new documentation videos and figuring out some logistics of how the product is sold, moving forward.

But, I’m planning to post a 2.0 beta in the next few days to a week, that you guys can all download from your Downloads page here on the support site.

askwpgirl
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I am hoping to do a one-hour demo of the JS 2.0 (beta is fine) on Friday, January 9.

Then, my class theme customization class starts on Monday, January 19th. Would be great for students to be able to work with the Beta for learning purposes.

I have them build a pretend Candy Store website and will upgrade the design to take advantage of the 2.0 Builder features – like full-width content, parallax, etc. So, I guess I need to start working on that soon. Looking forward to the Beta!!!

Thanks!!!

Angela

mizzinc
    Participant

This is so exciting Jason. Thank you for all your hard work.

Todd Wilson
    Participant

Thanks Jason for the upcoming beta release! I also appreciate all your hard work.

fgs
    Participant

Thanks for ALL your hard work Jason!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

@mizzinc @todoubled @fgsfalco Thank you guys! The 2.0 beta is available if any of you want to download it: http://support.themeblvd.com/forums/topic/jump-start-2-0-beta/

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.