This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Jump Start 2.0 RC1 – header content overlaps cart popup with woocommerce

• Creator
    Topic
    Todd Wilson
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I’m excited to start using the latest JumpStart 2.0 RC1 and in experimenting I found an issue that I’m not sure how to work around without further investigation. I’ve got the Entrepreneur Theme Base set and noticing that the header content div is overlapping the cart popup in the block.

At first, I thought it was a simple z-index CSS fix but doesn’t look that straight forward. Here is a screenshot to give you a quick glance at what I’m seeing: http://s10.postimg.org/w9zrloql5/Screen_Shot_2015_05_21_at_7_46_49_PM.png

Let me know if you need to have a look at the wordpress, I just didn’t want to provide a public link in the forums but can send you more details if it helps you troubleshoot it further.

Thanks for your help,
    Todd

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Todd,

I’ve run into this before. It’s actually something weird with WooCommerce. I can’t remember the exact details at the moment, but the it’s not that the cart is hidden behind anything, it’s that WooCommerce is failing to output it, when it’s supposed to. So the result is this empty output where the cart content should be.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? And are you using any caching plugins like W3 Total cache?

Todd Wilson
    Participant

Thanks Jason, I am using the W3 Total Cache plugin and when I disable it the cart popup displays again. I haven’t looked into it yet but maybe there’s a way to invalidate that portion of the page to avoid this particular caching issue.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I honestly don’t have much of an answer for you on that. I’ve seen the same thing on my demos last month and was able to link it to W3 total cache being activated. I googled around a little and found info on woocommerce docs site about it, that wasn’t all that helpful. I’m sure there’s more info to be found if you search around.

But you can confirm its nothing to do with the theme (or what leads me to believe any way) by simply putting the default shopping cart widget in your sidebar for awhile, and you can see the exact same issue happens there too off and on. The shopping cart issues are hide to diagnose because they come and go, and also depend on current browser caching — its difficult to work with.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Just a random thought I had on this… On your site where you’re having this issue, have you had a shopping cart in your sidebar, as well? In other words, you effectively have more than one shopping cart on your site?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.