This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Jump Start 2.0-RC1 Featured Images on Pages

• Creator
    Topic
    Alan Cohen
    Participant

Jason:

I am working through a conversion from Jump Start Version 1 to Version 2.0 and am having a problem with featured images appearing at the top of pages. I read through the forum and looked at all of the theme options, and did not see a way to remove them for pages. Any suggestions? The actual page can be seen here http://www.savjumpstart2.com/destinations/chile/chile-accommodations/.

Thanks,

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

You’d just remove the featured image from the page. There’s no option because in most scenarios, a page is only being displayed in the single view, and so if wouldn’t want a featured image to display you wouldn’t set one.

If you’re using pages in an out of the ordinary way, where you need a featured image is attached for some reason, and you don’t want it to display on the pages, you can edit this very simply through customization. You’d just copy content-page.php to your child theme and remove the featured image.

Does that make sense? Or am I misunderstanding what you’re asking?

Alan Cohen
    Participant

Jason:

On my V.1.x website, I am using a featured image (selected on the edit page) for all posts and pages, because either (posts or pages) could appear in a search result, and I like search results to be displayed with them. An example of a page (with a featured image selected) on my existing site can be found here http://www.savacations.com/destinations/argentina/argentina-accommodations/

The same page in v.2.0-RC-1 is displaying the featured image at the top of the page (in this case the Alvear Palace Hotel). See here http://www.savjumpstart2.com/destinations/argentina/argentina-accommodations/. I do not want it to appear on the live page, but would like to maintain a featured image if possible.

Hopefully, this clarifies what I am referring too.

Thanks,

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In v1, featured images were not supported on pages, and now they are. This is why you see them now on the single pages. But again, the solution is simple; just remove them from displaying from your child theme.

You’d just copy content-page.php to your child theme and remove this part:

<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) : ?>
    	<div class="featured-item">
    		<?php themeblvd_the_post_thumbnail(); ?>
    	</div><!-- .featured-item(end) -->
    <?php endif; ?>

That’ll get you back to how it was in v1, in regards to featured images not displaying on pages. Does that not accomplish what you’re wanting?

Alan Cohen
    Participant

Jason:

Please remember that I am a “Super User” to borrow your term. Are you able to instruct me on how to copy files (in this case the content-page.php) from the parent to child theme? I can handle the rest…

Thanks,

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No worries. In that case, I’d just hide it with CSS, and not worry about physically removing it. — Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Styles > Custom CSS, and paste this in:

body.page article.page > .featured-item {
    	display: none;
    }

… I think I built that selector right, so it only targets specifically the featured image of a page when on that given page. Let me know if you notice that the featured image is hidden any where you don’t want (i.e. like search results).

Alan Cohen
    Participant

Jason:

That worked. Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.