This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Issues with "plus" signs showing in main menu, Jump Start 2.0 Beta

• Creator
    Topic
    Julie Kuehl
    Participant

I’m trying to track down what’s causing these “+”es to be added to the menu. Did a recent update introduce them?

https://cloudup.com/cBOd-y0udZD

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    elianab
    Participant

Julie, are you use Ubermenus somewhere in your site? I had the pluses in my menu, and it was caused by Ubermenu, even though the top menu was not using Ubermenu. I found the solution. There’s a check box that asks if fontawsome is being loaded by your theme or another plugin. You need to check or uncheck that, I don’t remember which.

And if you’re not using Ubermenu, maybe another plugin is using fontawesome, which is causing the conflict.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

@juliekuehl When the menu is displayed, there are those plus signs outputted, which are used for the mobile navigation view. They should be hidden, though. Hmm, if somehow I could see a live link, I’m sure there’s some sort of simple explanation?

As @elianab pointed out, are you using any other plugins that do anything to main menu like ubermenu? Now, that I’ve added big, new features to the navigation like mega menus, you’re not going to have much compatibility with 3rd-party plugins also trying to modify your main navigation unless you disable several Theme Blvd features, which of course is always possible, too.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Jason… the site’s currently in a password-protected staging area. Can I drop you that info in a DM on Twitter? Do you have something different you’d prefer?

Scratch that. Found it.

It was the “Custom Facebook Feed” plugin. Like that’s supposed to have anything to do with menus. Sheesh.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

@juliekuehl Glad you found it! If you have any other issues, feel free to start a new topic, and just put in the title you’re talking about Jump Start 2. And if you need to send private info in the future, you can send it through My Account > Submit Private Info here on the support site.

elianab
    Participant

Jason, I just found another plugin that causes the pluses to display in the menu bar. The Instagram Feed. Is there something you can do so that there aren’t so many plugins that cause those pluses to display? I’ve got the plugin activated right now, but by the time you look at it I may have turned it off. Here’s the url:
    http://66.147.242.187/~ormescho/eliana/

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

@elianab Thanks for linking me to a live example, which makes the problem pretty obvious. I’ve added a solution that will fix this. It was just a matter of taking the framework styles that hide that icon, and doing it with a more specific selector that won’t get overridden with the basic FontAwesome stylesheet coming out of order (because it’s added by the plugin).

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

@elianab By the way, working site looks good! Very practical uses for various framework features, actions, and functions.

elianab
    Participant

Jason, thanks for the compliment! The client wants to go live soon. Do you foresee an problem with going live using the beta jumpstart? We thought it would take a lot longer to build the site, but we’ve been plowing through it.

As for the pluses, you said you had a solution for them. Is that something you’re fixing in the next version of jumpstart? Can I fix it now? I can actually fix it with css, by hiding the pluses until I display the mobile menu, but if you have a built in fix I’d rather use that.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Do you foresee an problem with going live using the beta jumpstart?

No, I think you should be all right. The major changes have been (1) adding new theme bases (which don’t effect you if you don’t use them), (2) setting up demos and creating a better demo data import system (which don’t effect you at this point), and bug fixes.

As for the pluses, you said you had a solution for them. Is that something you’re fixing in the next version of jumpstart? Can I fix it now?

Here’s my latest iteration of the framework stylesheet.

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/themeblvd/bbb7cf1fc98a675fc07a/raw/7cfa39ffe9ef6c4726fb3677b8789be40d609465/themeblvd.min.css

Replace it with this file of the theme:

/framework/assets/css/themeblvd.min.css

… clear your browser cache and let me know if it doesn’t solve the original issue.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.