This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

I Can't Move A Button One Line Below Text When I Use Columns

• Creator
    Topic
    benlee2828
    Participant

Hey Guys!

I’m trying to push the button link shortcode to have one line between text and the button in pages that have columns but I can’t seem to get them to work. I have attempted to do it in visual and used ” ” in the text box but neither of them work. Here is a link to what’s happening: http://www.thinktradethink.com/resources/. Thanks for all of your help!

Sincerest Regards,
    Benjamin Lee

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Benjamin,

When you wrap your columns in the [raw] shortcode, you’re stripping out WordPress automatic formatting. A trick to get it back inside the columns is to use the “wpautop” parameter on the columns:

[one_half wpautop="true"] ...

Otherwise, if you’re trying to put actual HTML <br /> and <p> tags, then you can’t be switching back and forth between WordPress’s Visual editor. When you do this, WordPress will strip out your HTML in the editor. To take this approach, you must select the “Text” editor and stick with that.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.