This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to remove right border in Primary Navigation

• Creator
    Topic
    ben-kemp

Hi Jason

Sorry to bug you again so soon…

On the new version of World Travel with Bridge (http://worldtravelwithbridge.co.uk/cms/) the client is insistent that the small gap between the last item on the menu (Contact Us) and the right border is totally unacceptable… 🙁

My first thought was to eliminate the right border in the Navigation area, and I’ve spent hours trying to figure how I might achieve that…

Firebug seems to suggest that the class=”menu-item” but I cannot find that anywhere in the theme.css to gain any info on how it works.

I’ve tried the following in Custom CSS;
    #menu-item {
    border-right: none;
    }

– that did not advance my cause either, and after a morning of fiddling, I’m left with no option to but to admit defeat and ask for help… 🙂

Your advice / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
    Ben Kemp

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

I’m not quite sure why you’re trying to style an ID of “menu-item” or where that’s coming from, but here’s all there is to it. — Just target the list items of the menu, where you can quickly see with your inspector, are getting the right borders. Then, use :last-child pseudo selector to target the last item only.

http://css-tricks.com/almanac/selectors/l/last-child/

#access li:last-child {
    	border-right: none;
    }
    ben-kemp

Hi Jason

Clearly, you are a genius, a scholar and a gentleman – and your solution is both elegant and effective…

I’m a wordsmith (definitely not a programmer) and my encounters with CSS (and PHP) are filled with fear, uncertainty and doubt… 🙂

Thanks very much for your assistance, its is greatly appreciated – and I wish you a peaceful and prosperious New Year.

Kind regards
    Ben

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.