This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

How to eliminate the menu bar to use a plugin menu bar

• Creator
    Topic
    delator
    Participant

Hi, I would like to use the menu of Barely theme in the arcadian theme, since I don´t know how to do it with code. I have found a plugin call ubermenu 2, that can do something very similar. But I don´t know what files of CSS or whatever I must eliminate from the arcadian to use the plugin and not to have any of the Arcadian original menu bar. Because the color bar of the arcadian original menu not disappear after activate the plugin. (sorry for my english)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme‘s style.css or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

So, any kind of CSS customization you want to make to customize how the menu looks, you would do from you child theme’s CSS file and override anything the theme is doing. So, you should never be modifying any files of the theme.

Furthermore, while we cannot provide you with 100% compatibility, there is a little bit of customization you can do from your child theme’s functions.php to integrate better with UberMenu.

In UberMenu’s settings, you need to turn on Easy Integration and select a skin for the menu. Then follow these customization instructions for what to put in your child theme’s functions.php:

http://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-jump-start-by-themeblvd-akita (see the section “Theme Blvd Framework Themes”)

For more info on using UberMenu and customizing it, you’ll want to contact their support. Please remember that we do not provide theme customizations and third-party plugin support.

http://support.themeblvd.com/help/#terms

delator
    Participant

Thanks so much Jason

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.