This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Hero Until Content Justification

• Creator
    Topic
    lisastockwell
    Participant

Is it possible to set the copy in the hero unit to center to the right of the screen, versus in the middle? I assumed that was what would happen when I selected “Content Alignment>Right” in the element panel, but the content remains in the center. It may be that the photo I want to use won’t work.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lisastockwell
    Participant

Actually, nevermind. I fixed the issue by setting the maximum content width.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad you got it, but let me just clarify for you and others where I think this can potentially be confusing. There are two similar options that do different things, but can easily be confused.

1) Text Alignment — This is the actual text alignment, or how the text flows.

2) Content Alignment — This is the alignment of the wrapping unit (or block) holding the text. Or another way to think of it might be to ask — Do you want the block that holds the text to appear on the left, middle, or right side of the overall hero unit?

For #2 to have any real visual effect, there would need to be a “Maximum Content Width” set. Without a limiting width, the block that holds the text would be 100% wide, and thus cannot really be aligned any direction.

lisastockwell
    Participant

Thanks Jason. I guess without quite understanding why, I did figure it out. I’d understood the difference between the two alignments, but hadn’t thought through the 100% width issue.

I’m loving working with the theme, BTW. I’ve completed one site and am on my second. I’m not a developer, so my saying this is a very intuitive and flexible program to work with really means something!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Awesome, glad to hear it!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.