This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Featured Image and WordPress Gallery

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Images don’t display: http://clubmembers.lacewigclub.com/mercedes-european-lace-wig/

I’m really not sure on that one. It looks to me like something is off with the gallery IDs you’re using, or that WordPress cannot locate any images for these media posts. Notice how when you click the links in the gallery, how you’re taken to a blank page; WordPress can’t find any image.

The functionality of outputting a gallery is nothing that the theme interferes with or controls. The only thing the theme does, is use javascript on the frontend to glaze over the gallery and see if it’s linking to URL’s that end in an image description (.jpg, .png, etc), and then apply a class that allows the lightbox to be applied.

Images display but do not open the lightbox gallery when you click on one: http://clubmembers.lacewigclub.com/test/

I believe this is because you don’t have the gallery setup to link to the actual files. The gallery shortcode usage should look like this:

[gallery ids="1,2,3,4" link="file"]

This has always been the case with the theme.

The featured image as stated above will not even set. I can click on “set featured image” and I can select an image but the image will not appear on the edit page or the live page.

I can tell you that the theme does not (and never has) displayed featured images on pages, only posts. But as far as not even being able to set it from your Edit Page or Edit Post screen, this isn’t right. But the theme does nothing in regards to this part of WordPress — i.e. handling any media uploading or setting of featured images from your WP admin.

Have you explored the other plugins you have installed? Do you have any plugins installed that do anything with images, galleries, or media? Have you tried fully clearing your browser cache since updating everything?

Have you checked to make sure you have media uploading setup properly? If you go to the Media section of your WP admin, can you upload an image, and will it show? If not, you may want to contact your web host. There could be a server-related issue there.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.