This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Feature Request: Add featured image element to layout builder

• Creator
    Topic
    askwpgirl
    Participant

Hi Jason,

What would be AWESOME is if for the Image element in a Template Builder layout had an option to use the page’s Featured Image (with a size option). This way, if you had a template you were syncing on a page, you could include the featured image for the page.

I try to use Featured Image on pages, because it makes for nice page design and is easier to format and use than having the end user insert an image on the page where the image is either not in the right location (eg needs to be above the breadcrumbs); they add a float to it (horrors); or they add too many paragraph breaks, etc.

In the past, I’ve accomplished this with either a function to get the featured image where I want it how I want it as in the function used on this site:

http://rvfd.org/about-rvfd/history/

Or with a custom page template in this site:

http://www.ormeschool.org/about-orme/mission-history/

I see the value of Template Builder templates that are synced and include the Content of the Page, but having them include the Featured Image would make this syncing a truly viable option, since many designs I work with use a Featured Image from the page somewhere that is not within the content.

I really want to avoid having end users modify templates, so therefore prefer them to be synced rather than used as editable layouts. If the Image element could use the Featured Image, that would be very ideal. Then, the end user is only having to be trained to upload a Featured Image and modify the Content of the page and never touches the template. Please say yes! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.