This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

embed youtube wo playlist

• Creator
    Topic
    davidcpa135
    Participant

With recent wordpress updates, I have used a youtube video as the featured image in a post. Yesterday, I used a video as the featured image and noticed that, unlike prior posts, the video starts a playlist that I can’t stop or turn off. I suspect that this is more a youtube or browser setting and not the theme but would appreciate any advice on how to embed the video and have it stop and not advance to the next one in my youtube channel.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    davidcpa135
    Participant

Fixed. I found that if you embed with an , it doesn’t cycle through the play.

davidcpa135
    Participant

s/b :embed with an

<iframe>
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m not totally sure about the playlists specifically, but when you embed the YouTube videos through WordPress you’re using something called oEmbed. WordPress handles the actual embed code, and this is all filterable. So, if you search over on wordpress.org, you’ll find plugins that add stuff to how all YouTube videos are embedded by WordPress.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=youtube+oembed

I know this one is a popular plugin a lot of customers use to get rid of the related videos at the end of YouTube videos:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/hide-youtube-related-videos/

davidcpa135
    Participant

Thanks Jason,
    In case it would help anyone else, I finally located the root of the problem. If you are not logged into your youtube account and simply past the url, then the oEmbed performs as expected (does not keeping playing your other videos).

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.