This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Embed a PDF file

• Creator
    Topic
    webqueen

Hello,

Is it possible to embed a pdf file into one of the pages? I would rather it show on the page instead of being an external link.

Thank you for your help!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

Honestly, I’ve never heard of displaying a PDF in the body of the content of a page before. There’s definitely no feature in WordPress I don’t think. Have you tried browsing the WordPress plugin directory for all things PDF for possibly some different options?

http://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=pdf

webqueen

I did find one called “RV Embed PDF” but I haven’t tried it yet because it says it is only good up 3.5.2. So I guess I will try to install that one.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah with those free ones, just give them a try, and if they don’t work, you can just get rid of them.

davidcpa135
    Participant

I find the the plugin Google Doc embedder works well for this purpose. There are options for download buttons etc. Here’s the description from the plugin page

Google Doc Embedder lets you embed several types of files into your WordPress pages using the Google Docs Viewer – allowing inline viewing (and optional downloading) of the following file types, with no Flash or PDF browser plug-ins required:

Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
    Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX*)
    Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX*)
    Microsoft Excel (XLS/XLSX*)
    TIFF Images (TIF, TIFF)
    Apple Pages (PAGES)
    Adobe Illustrator (AI)
    Adobe Photoshop (PSD)
    Autodesk AutoCad (DXF)
    Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
    PostScript (EPS/PS)
    OpenType/TrueType Fonts (OTF, TTF)
    XML Paper Specification (XPS)
    Archive Files (ZIP/RAR)

webqueen

Thanks David! That plugin worked like a beauty and is exactly what I was looking for. 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.