This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Editing Framework Components

• Creator
    Topic
    Mary Makowsky
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I’m wondering if we are able to customize the html for the presentation of the framework components? For instance, in the testimonials, I would like to remove the comma following the name and move the company name/link down to a new line. (We are using that text and url to link to an expanded Q&A.)

I tried duplicating the framework>includes>components.php file and placing it in my child theme but it doesn’t do anything. Is this doable another way?

Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately this isn’t how child themes work. You can only copy over main template files and template parts.

What you’re wanting to do is going to require basic knowledge of PHP and WordPress filters.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/filters/

Each one of the functions in components.php returns a string that makes up all of the HTML and content that is going to be outputted, and that returned string has a filter on it. From your child theme’s functions.php, you can use those filters to manipulate the outputs.

Mary Makowsky
    Participant

OK, that works for me. Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.