This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

WPML issues with custom homepage layouts

• Creator
    Topic
    tox

Since updating to WP 3.5 things have been a bit shaky on my site. First I could not view the post without turning off WPML-bridge. This was fixed with the latest WPML update (yesterday). Now, the Custom Homepage Layouts do not work properly. I am only able to select ONE Custom Layout under Appearance/Theme Options, and this Custom Layout will then show on all languages. When I change language and select another Custom Layout the new selection will show on all languages. Please give me some advice.

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    tox

Hi Jason, thanks so much for your very detailed reply.

I have immediately implemented your 2nd option that you also have working on your test site and it indeed immediately works perfect. I only noticed that the slider now also pops up on this page, so I will need to dive into the theme to see how I can disable that…

Regarding the future posts I admit that it is weird and on my own test setup it works as it should as well. I will have another long look at the different plugins that have been installed on the site. At least we can now conclude that it has nothing to do with your theme and/or WPML.

Regarding the category names not showing up correctly I think it has to do with what you wrote:
    I will admit this is probably not ideal with working with WPML because you’d have to ensure that you never opened and saved a layout of one language while under another language. This could get messy in the long run.

Let’s leave that for now as it is working on the homepage now and if it would fail in the future (I don’t believe it will) then for the homepage we can also implement the post list page template.

Again, many thanks for your support!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Ok, great, I’m glad to hear things are starting to come together.

I have immediately implemented your 2nd option that you also have working on your test site and it indeed immediately works perfect. I only noticed that the slider now also pops up on this page, so I will need to dive into the theme to see how I can disable that…

This is actually a silly option that is removed in the next framework update. On your theme options page for each language, go to the Content > Primary Post Lists section and there should be a box you can uncheck that says something like “Include slider above blog.”

I say it’s silly because if someone wanted a slider + post list, they should just create a custom layout instead of a mess of options for different scenarios.

tox

Hi Jason,
    Yes, I found the option and ticked the box off.
    Regarding the future posts, it was indeed some kind of plugin conflict, at last I managed to actually schedule all future posts in the secondary languages.
    One last question: I added the wp_reset_query with the hook you mentioned. You also said that in the next version this will be fixed. Does that mean that when Torkel updates the theme I need to get rid of that hook in the Child Theme’s functions.php file?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

It honestly won’t make any difference having it there or not. So if you put in there now, he’ll still be good down the road without having to come back to you.

tox

cool, thanks Jason

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.