This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Complexity – Visual Editor missing and Visual content area is white

• Creator
    Topic
    mellotex

Hi Jason,

i have the following problem with the complexity theme:
    The visual editor is missing and also the visual content area is white, so i can’t change or make new posts and pages!
    Even when i leave a post or a page … without having maked any changes … wp asks if i would leave the post without saving the changes???
    The website-frontend is running well!

!!! Curiously … when i change to the Twenty Fourteen Theme … everything is OK … no Problems? !!!

I searched for hours for any solution on the web … tried following:
    – uploaded wp-admin and wp-includes new from a fresh wp
    – controlled the permission rights … are setted to 755
    – deactivated all plugins
    – installed the google library plugin
    – uploaded and installed the newest complexity theme

… with the developer tools (network analysis) i found following error (i try to translate from german):
    Asked Adress: http://www.gassler.at/wp-content/themes/complexity-2/includes/theme_shortcodes/tinymce/editor_plugin.php?ver=359-20131026
    Asked Method: GET
    Status-Code: 403 forbidden

here’s the screenshot: http://s30.postimg.org/mg35jqsm9/error.png

I’m not that good in coding / html / php … so i don’t know exactly what this means?

Any idea?

Thanks and greetings
    mellotex

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

It sounds like there’s some kind of error from the Shortcode Generator button of the theme and your server. I’d just disable it. Open up /functions.php of the theme, and find this:

//tinyMCE Integration
    include_once(TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/theme_shortcodes/tinymce/tinymce_shortcodes.php');

And just comment it out like this:

//tinyMCE Integration
    //include_once(TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/theme_shortcodes/tinymce/tinymce_shortcodes.php');

Does that solve the issue?

mellotex

Thanks so much!!!

This solved the problem 😉 HAPPY !!!

To explain: I’m running several wp-sites … this is the only site hosted on a “A1 Telekom Austria” Server. It seems, that this the only server that have these problems!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.