This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Collapsible Subitems on Mobile Menu

• Creator
    Topic
    Tyler Damon

Hello,

Using Jumpstart 2.0 and loving it, but I’m having trouble with the mobile menu. I have a lot of items in the menu in submenus of submenus, which works well on desktop, but on mobile it has issues in that I would like all menus to collapse until clicked on.

Here’s an example:

Is there a way to make the submenus of submenus collapse as well? or would this be a difficult thing to fix and better to just rework the image?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

In an attempt to create an easily navigable, organized, experience without too many user-actions, the mobile navigation was very meticulously designed and coded to work as it does, and look exactly how it does in your screenshot. Unfortunately this means that changing what you’re asking is not within the scope of features of the theme, and would be a pretty difficult customization, if you chose to go down that route.

An alternate approach you might think about taking is to create an alternate menu that gets used for mobile. This way, knowing that only the first level items are collapsible, maybe you might organize your mobile menu differently, if this is a concern for you. This will still be a customization you’ll need to make from your child theme, but it’s not a difficult one and is outlined in the following article.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/creating-a-custom-menu-for-mobile/

Tyler Damon

Thank you for the information and the post! It’s very helpful!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.