This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Can't get to my content

• Creator
    Topic
    jkiller

I have been trying to change some of the textual content on a few of my pages, and can’t find any of the content in the back-end.
    It’s displaying on the front-end, but when I go into “Templates” or “Pages” there is nothing there to edit.

Example: I need to make changes to the pricing on this page: http://matsunowellness.com/services/massage-menu/
    I’m pretty sure the content was under “Templates”, but nothing there, and nothing under “Pages”.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You are correct, this is a custom layout form our Layout Builder. So that means:

(1) You’ve built the layout directly into the page and you’d edit it from the Edit Page screen for that page.

(2) Or you’ve synced that page to a template, which you’ll edit from the “Templates” section of your WP admin.

I cannot tell from the frontend of your site which you’ve done, but there’s no where else for this content to be other than those two places. Let’s start with figuring that part out. When you go to edit that page, how is the custom layout setup? Have you synced the layout to a template? Or do you see the layout in the page editor? If you are unsure, maybe you can post a screenshot of what the Edit Page screen looks like for that page.

jkiller

It is synced with Template. But when I go to the Template that it is synced with, there is nothing there.

I sent my log-in through the “Private Info” page.

jkiller
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Aw, so the problem is that you’re behind on your theme updates. You’re using a version of the theme that was published way back before WordPress released v3.8, which featured a redesign of the WordPress admin. The result for you is that the old builder interface is no longer usable.

So you want to update to the latest version of the theme and Theme Blvd Layout Builder plugin.

http://support.themeblvd.com/theme-update-instructions/

jkiller

I did the update before posting here. No help

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

It doesn’t look like you’ve made any update. The latest version is 3.1.9.2 and you’re currently using 3.0.2, which was posted back in August 2013 before WordPress 3.8 existed, as I described previously.

http://themeblvd.com/changelog/?theme=alyeska

I logged into your site and can see you’ve put in the information to receive in-dashboard updates. I’m thinking you just recently put the info in? Anyway, either way, I went ahead and cleared your WordPress theme update cache for you so now when you go to Appearance > Themes you should see the update ready to make right now.

Also, make sure after you do make the update, that you clear your browser cache, so you know your local web browser (i.e. Chrome, Safari, Firefox, whatever you use) is using all the latest theme assets in your admin.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.