This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Cannot modify header information?

• Creator
    Topic
    tflcar

Hello,

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/tflcarco/public_html/wp-content/themes/alyeska/header.php:18) in /home/tflcarco/public_html/wp-content/themes/alyeska/footer.php on line 62

See bottom of http://www.tflcar.com Using ALyeska 3.1.8 with WP 4.2.2

Can you help me resolve this Warning. I think it make be cause some other issue with some plugins.

Thanks,
    Andre

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Andre,

I really have no idea on that one. Usually when you get the PHP error “headers already sent” it means there was some other text printed out before the output of the HTML page (for example, like another PHP Error).

However, the weird thing here is that (1) the message is at the bottom of the HTML and (2) there’s no other outputted error/warning that it would be referring to.

And furthermore, why would the header.php file be being called below all your HTML? That doesn’t make any sense. Can you possibly think of any plugins you’ve added since you started seeing this error?

tflcar

Hello Jason,

We have not added any new plugins since we started seeing this error. We have upgraded several plugins. This error is really bad for our image. I am not sure what to do next to debug this. I can start to disable plugins to see if it helps… ?

Thanks,
    Andre

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Noone has ever reported an issue like this on Alyeska or any other theme. So most likely the error is a result of something specific you’ve done on your site — maybe a customization you’ve done or a plugin you’re using.

So I would start going through:

1. Any code customizations you’ve made to the theme or child theme (if you’re using one)

2. Your plugins

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I guess the most obvious first question in the above troubleshooting would be to look at any code customizations you’ve made to header.php

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.