This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Cannot get post ID

• Creator
    Topic
    markhedley
    Participant

Hi,

I am attempting to disable the menu for certain pages and added the following code to my child themes functions.php

function themeblvd_custom_menu_content() {
                //echo $requested_page;
                //Code for custom landing page menue will go here
    }

/* Remove all other actions and add in our custom function */
        function themeblvd_custom_menu() {
    		$id = get_the_ID();
    		if ($id == 16961) {		
    	        remove_all_actions( 'themeblvd_header_menu' ); // Remove all other actions
        	    add_action( 'themeblvd_header_menu', 'themeblvd_custom_menu_content' ); // Add our custom function
    		}
        }

/* Hook everything in after theme has been loaded */
    add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'themeblvd_custom_menu' );

For some reason the ID of the page is not available in function themeblvd_custom_menu() but is in function themeblvd_custom_menu_content(). I have verified this by echoing the id in both functions.

I have spent hours trying to resolve and searched for answers without success.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mark

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey Mark,

You’re hooking your themeblvd_custom_menu() function to “after_setup_theme” — This is before WordPress has setup anything to do with the current loop. So, at this point, calling get_the_ID() won’t get you any where, as it’s meant to be used within the loop. First I’d suggest not using get_the_ID(), and second, to hook your function to something later on after the global $post object has been setup, like “wp”.

Try something like this:

function my_custom_menu_content() {
    	// ...
    }

function my_custom_menu() {
    	if ( is_page(16961) ) {		
    		remove_all_actions( 'themeblvd_header_menu' ); // Remove all other actions
    		add_action( 'themeblvd_header_menu', 'my_custom_menu_content' ); // Add our custom function
    	}
    }
    add_action( 'wp', 'my_custom_menu' );

http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags#A_Single_Post_Page

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference#Actions_Run_During_a_Typical_Request

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.