This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Can Builder elements use tinyMCE?

• Creator
    Topic
    srumery
    Participant

Let’s take the Content element for example… when you select “Raw content” as the source, you get a textarea to enter in the content you wish. It would be great to allow this textarea to be a tinyMCE textbox to allow for additional formatting.

Is this something the framework supports?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In framework 2.5 and Layout Builder 1.3, this will be supported. There’s some cool new stuff coming for the Builder, in introducing the concept of “Content Blocks” — Where the columns and content elements can have multiple, sortable items within called Content Blocks.

Would you like to see screenshots of how it’s coming together and what to expect?

srumery
    Participant

That sounds awesome! Man, that will be sweet. Yes, send the screenshots. I’d love to check ’em out.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In the Options API, you’ll be able to set 'editor' => true on “textarea” type options. This will add the little pencil icon, which leads to the Editor modal window.

And then in the Layout Builder, there are now these content blocks.

If you’re using a “Content” type block, then you’ll see the little pencil, where you can edit the content.

Otherwise, options for each content block are accessed from the little settings icon.

With this, hopefully the door can be opened to a bunch of new Content Block types. And then combined with upcoming new shortcode generator, things should be moving a lot better!

https://twitter.com/ThemeBlvd/status/450426825634611201

srumery
    Participant

Brilliant! That is more than what I was expecting. I can’t wait to use it.

Thank you, Jason for continuing to make Jump Start better!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.