This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

bbPress template WPJS2 b2

• Creator
    Topic
    Wendell Harness
    Participant

So I’ve installed bbPress and wanted to be able to create a custom template to use for it. I created a page with the appropriate title (and slug), then sync’d a template with it. However, the template does not display — instead, the default layout displays.

Is there a way to make a custom template work with bbPress?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Wendell Harness
    Participant

Of course! Shortly after posting the above, I had an epiphany.

In the bbPress settings, I changed the main index slug to ‘board’ (so I could keep the page slug ‘forums’). Now the template works with the ‘forums’ page.

My only concern at this point is that now I technically have duplicate content because the forums show up on both pages. But I suppose I can just setup a permanent redirect from ‘board’ to ‘forums’.

Wendell Harness
    Participant

Scratch that — by creating a new bbPress forums slug (‘board’ in this case), the forums display nicely on the ‘forums’ page, but when you click a forum to visit it jumps to the ‘board’ hierarchy. I hadn’t thought of that previously.

So… back to a question similar to the original: Is there a way to make a custom template work with bbPress without changing bbPress’ default forums slug?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Wendell,

Maybe create a page with slug board and use the bbPress forums shortcode? I honestly don’t know the answer other than that. It would probably be best to post in bbPress support forum.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.