This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Background Scroll

• Creator
    Topic
    Derek Dalton
    Participant

I’m having issues with my background image not staying fixed as my site scrolls over it. I have tried the different display options attachment using scroll fixed. With no change on the site.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you show me a link to your site? And are we talking about setting up your background from Appearance > Background of your WordPress admin?

Derek Dalton
    Participant

Link to my site – http://www.reallifeministries.com. Yes I have setup my background from Appearance > Background > Display Options > Attachment > Fixed. Though when I am on my site through my Ipad using Safari or Chrome the background scrolls and is not fixed anymore. Sorry I was not clear on my first post.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

So, first note that this functionality doesn’t really have a whole lot to do with the theme. This background functionality is all controlled by WordPress. The theme essentially just registers support for it.

But I’m looking at your site in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, and your background image of your site is fixed on your <body>. It does not move when I scroll down your site. I’m not quite sure how else to address. — Is it possible you’re misunderstanding what it means to have the background image fixed or maybe I can elaborate on that concept? And to be clear, we’re talking about this background image, correct?

You can see in the following screenshots in Chrome how your background image remains fixed in the same location as we scroll from the top to the bottom of the page.

Derek Dalton
    Participant

As in my second post, I am talking about a iPad, not a desktop as your screenshots indicate. Though if you are saying this is not managed through the theme and more of an issue through WordPress, then at least I have a starting point.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Ohh, sorry I just read more closely to your post. — Is this is all about on your iPad? I am pretty sure that iOS touch devices do not support standard CSS fixed positioning, whether it’s the background-attachment property or the position property.

You can Google around for more information on this, but basically for the mobile/tablet experience, I believe you’d need to come up with another solution. I would suggest putting some sort of background color behind your image that matches closely. There are also more complex javascript solutions you can find, but I’m not sure that would really be worth the trouble.

Derek Dalton
    Participant

Perfect, thank you for the guidance. I’ll look into.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Possibly a plugin like this will help you accomplish more what you’re looking for:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-full-screen-background-image/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.