This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Author Box Customizations and Usage

• Creator
    Topic
    cfunkyk
    Participant

Jason,

Probably a dumb question, but how do I get an image in the author box in jumpstart 2.0?
    Any links or insight on customizing and managing this area is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    cfunkyk
    Participant

First off, sorry, duh… Gravatar. We have to setup an account over there or can we just insert an authors picture locally?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

Gravatars are what WordPress use by default for the images of a user. There isn’t anything built-in to WordPress that’ll allow you to setup a user image in another way.

But with that said, like so much in WordPress, the process is extendable. You can definitely find plugins on wordpress.org that will give you some way to attach custom uploaded images to user profiles, and then this should carry through to the theme’s author box, which is displaying the user image in WP’s default way of calling the gravatar.

I had even written a little plugin for the default demo where I filtered in a bunch of locally-hosted images for the purposes of showing sample data for bbPress because I didn’t want to create gravatar accounts for all my fake little characters having the discussion.

http://demoblvd.com/themes/jumpstart-2/demo-1/forums/topic/who-is-bowman/

… So I know it’s possible 🙂 And I came across other plugins out there on wordpress.org when I was figuring out how to do it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.