This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Akita Read More permalinks broken on home page using shortcode

• Creator
    Topic
    askwpgirl
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I’m trying to help a colleague who is using Akita for a client. She has inserted the following shortcode on the site:

[post_list thumbs="small" post_content="default" tag="featured" numberposts="30" orderby="date" order="DESC" offset="0" link="true"]

The content-list.php template is being used and contains the_permalink template tag for the a href for the read more link. However, the read more links link to the current page (the page on which the above shortcode is inserted) and not to the post in the post list.

No matter which page the shortcode is inserted on, the read more links link to the page rather than the post.

Thanks! The site is under an under construction plugin

Angela

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    askwpgirl
    Participant

I just de-activated all but the shortcodes plugin, and the problem is resolved. I’ll narrow down and report back!

askwpgirl
    Participant

Okay. The conflict is with the plugin the client installed called “Fanciest Author Box.” So, I guess they can’t use that.

askwpgirl
    Participant

It turns out the Fanciest Author Box query was confused by there being a post list on a page. It has Dashboard options to show the author box on pages and posts. But with a page that uses a Post List template or shortcode, the author box sort of choked breaking the PHP for the page. So, I edited the plugin to remove that function to check the display option since we were manually displaying the box anyway on the content.php file.

Hope this helps anyone else using this plugin. I might add a function to the child theme’s functions to override the plugin’s function and avoid having to hack the plugin.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.