This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Add Custom Item to Post Meta Info

• Creator
    Topic
    kennethfeldman
    Participant

Hi Jason,

This is kind of not specifically a WP Jumpstart question, but it kind of is.

How can I add a customized link to the Post Meta output below each post?

Is there a function that I can add?

I want to produce something like the below example; just adding my link to the end of the default info that is already there?:

March 31, 2015 / AuthorName / Category / 5 Comments / (icon) MyCustomLink

Any way that you can clue me in here?

I should add that I tried the Theme Blvd String Swap plugin, but could not reproduce the comments link with that. (Is THAT possible?)

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

See the function themeblvd_get_meta() in /framework/includes/parts.php — You’d filter the output of this with filter “themeblvd_meta”, which you can see wrapped around the final HTML returned from the function.

Or, hook your own custom function to themeblvd_blog_meta action, unhooking default themeblvd_blog_meta_default callback function.

Or, copy the themeblvd_blog_meta_default, which is the default hooked function, (from /framework/includes/display.php) and edit as pluggable function.

kennethfeldman
    Participant

Thanks Jason as always.

These three options are slightly out of my range of understanding, but that’s fine.

I’ll probably just insert a link in the content/content-list templates, and that should do the trick for me this time.

On another note, I’m so very looking forward to WPJumpstart 2.0 — the demos look amazing!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.